The staggering success of Adele’s “21”, which came out a year ago this week, still continues to unfold (it did top KXT’s Best of 2011 Listener Poll, after all).
Here are a few stats for those of you who like that sort of thing (courtesy of Q Magazine and Entertainment Weekly):
– The album has topped the UK album charts for 20 weeks, equaling records set by Oasis and Queen. It may soon equal that time atop the US album chart, where it has reigned for 17 weeks and just passed the “Titanic” soundtrack.
– Her new single “Set Fire To The Rain” is now #1 on the US Hot 100 singles chart; she is now the only artist in history to have three US #1 songs from the same album WHILE that album is #1 in the album chart.
– The official video for “Rolling In The Deep” has garnered more than 219 million views (and counting) on YouTube.
– “Someone Like You” has generated 9,329 covers (and counting) on YouTube.
– Apparently around 450 tweets per hour mention Adele.
– Currently, 18 copies of “21” are sold every minute in the UK.
We’re proud to say KXT 91.7 was among the first stations in the country to play “Rolling In The Deep”, over a month before the album was released – when many folks hadn’t even heard of Adele. We’ll do our best to keep that musical-discovery thing going for you!